Saturday 19 May 2012

Yes, Yes, and YES !!!!!!!!

Friday, May, 18th, 2012

Yesterday, it rained most of the day. I spent the afternoon painting what I sketched . It was the view of the volcanic cliffside seashore , as viewed steps away from the tree swing at the Point. It was the first time I painted from a rough sketch .  I usually paint from pictures / photographs. I am happy with the painting, with it being the first done at Kalani . The volunteers here think its beautiful , and one of the staff wants to buy it. He also wanted me to paint him another one, only this time, to paint him into the scene.  I am looking forward to doing figure drawing with Richard Koob tomorrow ( sat ) . Apparently, it will be done off site at an artist studio and I am to bring 10.00 to pay towards a live model.  While I was painting in the painting shed , two of the volunteers came in and was practicing a song that they were going to sing on Open Mic Night , here at Kalani. They were singing a song called " The Littlest Bird Sings the prettiest Song  . "  It is a lovely song.  They were practicing in two part harmony and it sounded really nice. I do agree , the littlest birds do sing the prettier songs . Its mostly the big birds that can't seem to carry a tune but squawk. 

 I took some great pictures of Lauren at the Point. He's another of them younguns' . He found a big white sunhat several days ago , and he wore it for several days, decorating it with flowers, leaves, anything he could find. The sunhat looked really good . He's got quite the flair . Lauren was sitting at the edge of the Point , in a yoga pose ,  meditating , completely centered and at peace.......the ocean surf was crashing up the cliff side in front of him . I took several pictures of him . He was totally unaware that I was there as I was quite a distance from him and I used the zoom lens on my camera . He is staying for 3 months too, like me, and I hope to print off some of the pictures for him. 

Today was my first day of my volunteer kitchen shift. Talk about a frenetic pace.  There was seven of us on Shift. The shift was from 1:30 to 8:30 and it was pretty much non stop . One was the chef , and the other was I guess he is the ' pastry ' chef. At least , he did the baking. Actually there were several others too but they were making food for the front guest arrival area .  The entire meal was vegetarian and vegan . the main course was a vegetarian moussaka . It was really good. I haven't made moussaka in years . 

Well, as being the ' newest ' in the kitchen , I got to mince onions by hand . Lots of them. As I expected but did not want, I was given all the crap stuff to do that no one else wanted to do , such as peeling beets and mincing onions , and celery by hand. At least, the beets were put through the robocutter, I think its called. Its basically a food processor.Almost all of the food is organic , with some grown here at Kalani  . 

I also served the dinner to staff and guests. It was a good way of me meeting the rest of the crew. Basically, its cafeteria style with me serving them all the hot foods , and then the guests and volunteers/ staff  serve the salads themselves. 

When I was serving one of the guests , I said , ' Aloha !  Which would you like ? "  indicating to the hot food . He looked coyly at me and said, " Yes, yes, and YES , just like sex !!!!!!  I could feel the colour of my face turning red , however, I said , " Well, that's a first . "  He said, " Surely, you have heard that ?  "  " Not here while  I am serving food to the guests at Kalani, I haven't !  "   It was funny . He thought he would leave me speechless . One of the volunteers said that I looked great. He's gotta be joking. I am hot and sweaty , my hair is plastered under my bandana , and I look great ?  

Beth is helping me clear my space with a singing bowl.........I was very heartbroken yesterday from an incident . I was so upset that I was shaking.........Where there was really bad energy , the bowl did not sing . The only place that it sang was over my bed. " MY, God, you are only given your bed space ! " she said . That is true . She will sage my living space tomorrow . I have never seen a singing bowl and it was the first time I saw it in action. IT really works. Where there is bad energy, it does not sing........Over my bed, where my only space is, it sang .......

I cried today at savasana .......I took 2 yoga classes back to back this morning before my shift.  During the first yoga class, my mind wandered all over the place, processing the negative stuff that has happened to me since the night that I arrived.  It really broke my heart......On the second yoga class , during savasana, I cried . The tears just streamed down my face as I was laying there. I felt so embarrassed . It was at that point that I took control of the situation and refused to let someone hurt me anymore. I took my power back. Two more weeks , I can do this. 

All is not well in paradise, but I do very much love it here. Two more weeks. I can do this for there is an end in sight.  The singing bowl. Wow . Within my room, the only place it sings is over my bed where I sleep . For tonight only, I will have the room all to myself. I know I will sleep well. Beth has cleared all the bad and negative energy out of my room for now, until the negative energy comes back into the room tomorrow. 

I love Beth. I am so glad that she is my friend and is such a wonderful listening ear. She is willing to fight for me. This is one battle that I will fight myself. I will also win the war. Two more weeks ......I am counting the days. 

My room will be saged tomorrow with hawk feathers.....

Peace. Love, Aloha......
Namaste.....

x0x0x0x0x0
Molly





 





No comments:

Post a Comment