Tuesday 15 May 2012

KUPAIANAHA !!!!!!!

Aloha everyone !

Kupainanaha means incredible , awesome, amazing !!!!!

Kalani is truly kupainanaha !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have arrived to Paradise !!!!!!  I arrived at Kalani last night ( Monday, May, 14th ) at  approx 10:30 p.m. It was a very long day travelling....... Today is my first full day at Kalani !

My lodging is very basic and simple. The windows are screens , which is just fine by me as it allows the air to flow through. Met my first gecko this morning and it caught me by surprise . There are wild pigs here too and mongoose, but I have not encountered any yet. The grounds that Kalani is on is so very beautiful. There are papaya trees with papayas bigger than the size of a football. Hibiscus and orchids are everywhere . The plumeria trees are just starting to blossom and soon , my paths will be fill with the scent of the plumeria ! Plumeria is of the jasmine family. I love the scent of jasmine !

Had a great yummy breakfast this morning : organic oatmeal with cinnamon and brown sugar , scrambled eggs with broccoli and cheese, apple crisp , and lots of fresh papaya and pineapple !!!  And of course, organic Kona coffee !  There were a lot of  breakfast food to choose from, and that was my choice this morning.

I had an orientation of the Retreat earlier and will be going for lunch soon. It approx 11:30 , Kalani time, which would be 2:30 Vancouver time. I will get my kitchen orientation tomorrow and will most likely start " working " on Thurs. Tomorrow night, I will be going to visit Pele at night, with my flashlight ......going to the volcano and watch the lava flow in the dark !  Wow !!!

Will be going to a yoga class later today , and also a hula class tonight ! And, there is bellydancing on Sunday , so I bought a belly dance hip scarf at the gift shop a few moments ago.! You have to shimmy with a hip scarf ! Its not the same without it.  I am so excited that there is belly dance here !  I think I like belly-dancing more that hula .

I went to the Point at Kalani and the view brought tears to my eyes, it was / is so beautiful .....I have arrived HOME . I sat on the tree swing and watched the ocean surf , taking away all my worries and cares away . The view was kupainanaha !!!! I was at complete peace.

It is really hot and sunny today . Thank goodness for the trade winds passing through !

I visited the painting shed and there is a big space for me to lay out all my stuff and paint !!!!!!!  There is a figure drawing class on Sundays too that I want to do , but that would depend on my volunteer schedule . The drawing class is taught by Richard Koob, who is one of the founders and owners of Kalani.

There are over 20,000 species of orchids here at Kalani . The big Island of Hawaii is also known as the Orchid Island .

Oh, almost lunch ! Aloha !
Carpe Diem !
x0x0x0x0x0
Molly














No comments:

Post a Comment