Wednesday 16 May 2012

getting slapped at Kalani :)

Aloha !
It rained all last night . The heavy rain didn't  help shut out the symphony that the coqui frogs were playing all night. Boy, were they ever loud !  So every night, as soon as the sun sets , you hear one, and then the whole family and extended family and all their friends join in , croaking all night , LOUDLY . Think of a bird that sits at your window sill , early morn , singing its heart out  , multiply that sound ten fold , and you will have a small inking of what I mean. There are thousands here. I mean literally thousands , so you can imagine what nighttime is like. AS soon as the sun rises, they stop. Then the birds start their singing , right at the crack of dawn , and they sing for about an hour , ending usually around 6:15 or 6:30 . Then silence. I'm not complaining, just saying, that's all ! :)

It was another gorgeous sunny day today and the heat increased steadily throughout the day . So far, the nights have been really cool and I have to use a blanket at nights. It is sweltering in the loft where I am staying I had my kitchen orientation today and I don't start my volunteer work until Friday, so I have a few more days off still . I met Keala today. Nice kid  Probably in his early 20's .  His name means straight path in Hawaiian. He was born in Hilo and was named by a Hawaiian woman, in the old tradition. His name is really really long, but somewhere in his many names and even more syllables was the name  ' Forrest ' thrown into it.  I lost track of counting the syllables in his full given name and we were both laughing as he has nevered actually counted the syllables. So, a straight path through the Forrest !   His parents threw in Forrest.  Everyone teases him, of course, as immediately , they say as in , " Forrest Gump ? "  He lovers music and loves to write songs. Puna Music Festival is happening at Kalani and throughout Puna , and there is a song writing class next week. I told him to put in his kitchen request for change of shift as I am most willing to change with him so that he could go to the class. In fact, anything that he was interested in , and he was on shift, I am more than willing to change my shift with him. It is his passion and he should be able to do what he LOVES . I believe that is his right here at Kalani.  I told him that was one of the reasons that he is here , to be able to attend a song writing class. He didn't know about the class prior to coming to Kalani.

So, today, I did a meridian tapping class. It was most interesting. Healing by affirmations and tapping on the meridian parts of the body, similar to acupuncture. And then right after that, I did a yoglates class. It is a combination of yoga and pilates, but most pilates with this instructor. She was amazing but crapola it was a really tough class and the class had difficulty keeping up with her . At the end of the class, we did partner yoga. Hmmmmm....that was very interesting and I woild not describe it right now. Put it this way, there is a position in aprner yoga called " wag the dog."  Use your imagination. At the very end of the class, we slapped each other. Yes, you read it right ! WE slapped each other ! We all laughed so hard. One of us lays face down on the yoga mat and the entire class is on either side of you, and they all start slapping your body all over ! You can have it soft, or you can have it hard ! We did the instructor last. One of the yogalates participants said under her breath , " this is for all the torture you put us through ! " It was really funny . It actually felt really neat getting slapped all over your body by many hands , from the soles of your feet to your shoulders , and someone massages your head. This definitely was a first for me !  Yes, I got slapped around at Kalani and loved it ! :) What can I say ? :)

Dis two hula classes yesterday . There is a likelihood of performing here at Kalani but I don't know if I can continue with the hula classes as it is after sundown, and it is really scary walking back to my loft through the jungle, in the DARK......Scheisse , I feel like Hansel and Gretel , lost in the dark forest , only this is the Hawaiian jungle.  It is really scary looking , and as you all know, I have a very active imagination, so that really does not help me . Amber walked back with me last night, so it was o.k.  I was in the front row of the hula class and one of the persons in the front row messed up. Jonathan, the kumu ( hula teacher ) said to her, " YOU , go to the back of the class . You messed up and lead the class to do the wrong thing. ! "  That really put me on my toes not to mess up the choreography . He let me stay for his advance class , and smiled the whole time.

Oh, and lets just say that one of the instructors was taking a leak and I walked in on him. Well, hello, lock the damn door. No,  there was no little man on the door. It was for both male/ female use. It was kinda funny. I didn't see anything, he just had his pants down a bit , but I heard it.


Will be heading off in a few hours to view the lava flow of the volcano. Sorry, can't remember off  the top of my head the name of the volcano.

The first night, as I was being driven in from Hilo to Kalani , the big dipper was literally sitting on the road in front of us. The stars were HUGE and I could see hundreds and hundreds of stars in the night sky . It was as if someone lit  thousands of Christmas lights in the night sky......truly a beautiful sight.

So, with the meridian tapping, I am drawing or painting my dream circle , my dream bubble......something that will remind me at will what my intentions are,  what I wish for , what I really need , and what I desire.......

And so it goes out into the Universe ........already, some of this is happening........

with much aloha to all of you !
x0x0x0x0
Molly









No comments:

Post a Comment