Monday 28 May 2012

Mark Ceranski , excellent humble chef extraordinnare

Aloha !

Well, I'm am rubbing elbows with a very famous chef . Hugs too !  I adore Mark .   Mark Ceranski . I had written about him in several of my earlier blog posts. He is writing a book called " Potboiler : In the Kitchen with Royalty , Dictators & Despots . " This is the same title as his blog. The title itself is so very much Mark, especially the addition of despots . He tells it like it is .  Here is his blog and you can read about him :   http://mark-ceranski.blogspot.com/2011/02/potboiler-in-kitchen-with-royalty.html    He also has a website :  www.markceranski.com  .

So , I was talking with him earlier today and found out about his book . I will be requesting my Kitchen schedule to work with Mark , if that is at all possible as I told him that he can throw anything at me , and I can do it ! He said for sure that he will . I only have 1 shift in the kitchen  each week and the rest is in Hale Aloha. I had wanted to work with him anyways even before I knew of his diverse and rich cooking background. He definitely is my favourite chef !

Mark is very funny and an absolute joy to work with. He is humble and not at all self promoting , so I will help promote him ! Yesterday , he made an AMAZING meal !  Lamb was the main course and most of you know that I do not eat lamb. For this one day, I made an exception as I knew Mark was the chef. So, here's the menu and the AMAZING meal that I had last night. Just incredibly and possibly one of the best, if not the best , meal I have ever eaten !  This dinner was a preview of the Culinary Festival that will be happening at Kalani in November this year. Hmmmmmmm....I think I may come back to Kalani in November ! :)

                                                             Dinner 


                                        Kalani Grown Watercress Soup
              Spring Leg of Lamb with local Rosemary and Cabernet Sauce
                                     accompanied by Kalani Mint Sauce
              Pasta With Local Tomatoes and Kalani Grown Arugula
                                       Dauphinoise Potatoes Gratinee
                  Sauteed Locally Grown Choy Sum ( Chinese Broccoli )
                               Hamakua Tomato & Local Greens Salad 
                            Abundant Salad Bar with Kalani Made Dressings


                                                               Dessert
                     Big Island Apple Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Sauce 

The meal was simply AMAZING!!!!!!  And I doubt if I will ever eat lamb again. I had 2 helpings of dessert. Beth licked my dessert plate clean the first time as I had some caramel sauce left on it. She was in heaven when she was licking my plate. When I got my second serving of dessert , I made sure that I got Beth extra caramel sauce on her second serving too ! They played live music and it was such a great evening. Of course, it was rounded off with a movie about Nona Beamer.  It was such a great day yesterday !

So you know why I  sometimes go to 2 yoga classes in a day ( 3 hours  total ) and also a dance class !!!!!! I walk everywhere and Kalani is HUGE , so that is good too !

I have had some really great meals here !  So very spoiled indeed !

With much aloha ,
Namaste....Shanti.......Carpe Diem !
x0x0x0x0
Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment