Sunday 20 May 2012

censored : balls / and Puna Music Fest


Aloha everyone !

Before you go ahead reading , please be advised that there is some ' adult ' content in this particular blog . Nothing bad, but well, you're know what I mean. I will be talking about balls. Two kinds , in fact.

I was on breakfast and lunch duty today. I had so much fun !  It was quite the contrast to my first shift . It is though, after all, what you make of it.  Human dynamics play a huge role too. I am not a serious person and if you know me personally, you know I laugh a lot.  I  was not relegated to mincing and slicing onions by hand  and peeling beets , as I was on my first shift  .  That was absolutely aweful as it did not use any of my skills. Those, I will say even before I have the ' full ' experience, are two of the worst jobs that anyone can be assigned to . Even peeling potatoes are better. If I was a shift leader, I would not assigned these two duties to the same person , on the same shift .  But, that's me. I stunk of raw onions and had to wash my clothes after the shift . I am a very good in mincing veggies. I did a mirepoix for the chef.

I did a bit of everything today. My shift started at 6:00 a.m. and ended at 1:30 p.m.. AS you may or may not know, there are chefs here and they do the main stuff. What I am a part of right now is the prep work . We  made meatball subs today for lunch and they were amazing !  The ' balls ' were HUGE !  I don;t have big hands , so it may not be a good comparison , the the individual meatballs are slightly smaller than my fist . We had long baguettes that were cut almost through , and the meatballs were placed inside the baguettes , with marinara sauce poured over top and then covered with provolone cheese , and then baked . It was a real man pleaser !
A real meat lovers pleasure ! The vegetarian meals that is sometimes served don't go over well with most of the guys.  It was so yummy ! Sherry, the cook, also make spinach pie . Everyday , there is a huge assortment of salads with each meal . I learned about a new fruit today. It is quite large , light brown in colour , is  hairy like a kiwi , and is in the shape of  a giant papaya . Its flesh is pinkish  red and has the texture of avocado and tastes like a cross between a papaya and a avocado. It is called a saputo . A very interesting fruit indeed !

O.k. second balls. the first balls were mentioned above. I believe I wrote about going to figure drawing yesterday. We went to Arthur Johnsen' beautiful home for the figure drawing. Arthur Johnson is apparently the best artist on the Big Island  and Hawaii . He has a big gallery in downtown Hilo. Go figure that I went to his home, huh ?  I like Arthur Johnsen's work .  Richard Koob ( owner of Kalani )  paints like Arthur Johnsen . They have the same style and use similar colours. I like Richard's wotk too. We drew from a live model for 3 hours, and the time went really fast.  He was a fine male specimen and we will leave it at that . I work with him , but that is very separated from this. O.K., the balls. Well, it was very hot , and I am only talking about the beautiful spacious room that we were in , as to the hotness . The room had so much beautiful natural sunlight . Well, anyways, it was so hot that sweat dripped from the model's balls . What balls, some of you may ask . His testicles . It really puts a new meaning for me when guys say that they have sweaty balls now ! Really . Sweat dripped off his balls and he had to go and freshen up before other certain places also dripped sweat , which it did.   Time to change the subject. I asked him if it was o.k for him if I put. my sketches of  him  on the wall beside my bed , and he thought that it was great ! : )  I have a large space of damaged drywall on the wall beside my bed. My bed is against this wall. Well now, There are two large male nude sketches there to cover this up.

After shift today, I spent the entire afternoon at the Puna Music Fest which was happening at Pohi'iki Beach today. Oh, I had so much fun ! It was so amazing !  The beach itself is not a sandy beach but its for surfers.  There is a beautiful grassy area where the Music festival took place. The beach was so gorgeous . I sat there for a while watching the surfers. It was another incredible sunny day . The closing act was so GREAT ! Look up Paula Fuga. She has an amazing voice and I love her lyrics . She puts a bit of everything in her music. There are undertones of reggae . Michael Love ( I think that;s his name ) was also amazing too. He sang with Paula Fuga . They were magic together. Both are incredible lyricists.. It was such a great family event . Children were running around, dancing . I ate an yummy frozen cappucino cheesecake on a stick. Richard  ( he owns Kalani ) asked me what I was eating and I gave him a bite.  It was so yummy !  I can market this back home ! :)  Yesterday Cailen shared his ice cream with me . He is so very funny.

At the festival , there was a Dad dancing with his daughter , who was about 8 years old. She had purple hair. When the Dad's hands were up in the air , dancing, you could see that his hands were purple ! : ) That warmed my heart as I knew then that Daddy dyed his daughter's hair , probably with grape Koolaid !  Yes, you can dye your hair with Koolaid !  You can also dye fabric with Koolaid !

Oh, and the babies were so very adorable , bopping to the music on their tiny bowed legs  , waddling along in their diapered shorts that reached past their knees .

I was told that there is a city bus that comes by Kalani  and it will take me to Hilo. It comes only twice a day. Apparently , it takes 5 hours on the City bus to get to Hilo from Kalani  , which is probably quite an exaggeration . Hilo is a 50 minute drive from Kalani . I am told that the bus ride will be an experience I will never forget, and onece done, will not be repeated ! I think it will eb quite an adventure to take this bus next week and make a trip to Hilo. The cost is only 1.00 each way. I will make a day trip out of it !

I have a circle of protection around me. There are people here that are protecting me. I have not been here for a full week yet and already I know I have made some Life long friends.

There is an Arts Festival happening in July . Perhaps I will put some of my paintings in their Art Show.

At Puna Music Festival, one of the groups sang  " How Great Thou Art ! " in Hawaiian. . " How Great Thou Art " is my favourite hymn . A dancer hula'd to this. It was so very beautiful .

I feel so incrediby incredibly blessed . We do not live in a perfect world . I have bugs and geckos in my room . I share a bathroom with at least 6 people , sometimes even more . That being said , I love Kalani .  I feel a very strong connection to Kalani . Kalani is truly my home for the next 3 months.......

With much Aloha,
Namaste........Shanti.....
x0x0x0x0
Molly




No comments:

Post a Comment