Thursday 17 May 2012

A New Earth / The smack down at Kalani ! :)

It was raining hard last night. Today is hot, humid, overcast with a few sunny periods. I am off to the painting shed in a few minutes . I was at the Point in Kalani this morning and spent an hour sketching the volcanic coastline . It is so very beautiful. I will be going in a few minutes to paint from the sketch . The view is steps away from the tree swing where I know I will be visiting frequently , doing my ice cream therapy ! :)  They sell home made ice cream here and it looks really yummy and I have yet to buy some , but I will soon !

I will start working in the kitchen tomorrow. " D " came by at breakfast and told me that the entire kitchen is talking about me and are very excited for me to start . They know of my  extensive cooking and management experience . Yes, I am a legend before I even start !

Last night , we went to view the lava flow. We actually didn't go to a volcano , but viewed the flow from 3 miles away , at a place called " End of the road. "  We stood on virgin land......newly created from the lava flow that went through the area a year and a half ago .  A new earth . Where I stood to view the lava flow was created Jan , 2011 . Its mind boggling and humbling at the same time. Yes, a new earth , in more ways than one. As the sun went down, the red glow  and the line of the lava increased . People have built houses on this new earth , this black hardened lava . Pourquoi ?  You can't run electricity .  Septic tank ? Don't think so ....Its like camping in a house. And there are some nice houses , or at least, the facade.. Kinda like some people . .Property taxes are 25.00 a year. Yes, you read right,  25.00 a year .

I met a new friend last night when we went to the lava viewing.  Newly arrived to Kalani for a mere 3 hours . His name, if I remembered correctly, is Cailen .  He was such a sweetheart. He asked how old I was. " Are you 36 , 37 ? " he asked. I laughed. " If you say so ! I like you a lot already ! "   " I'm 24, you're 36 , we are going to be best friends ! "  " Yes, we are going to be best friends ! " I agreed . He helped me down the steep rocky lava patch that we were standing on to view the lava flow . It was very dark out as it was already past sundown  and my eyes do not see so well in the dark anymore. Dang nab it , I can barely read the combination on my lock for my locker ! :(  I know Cailen will make lots of friends.  He made me laugh as he was helping someone hold something in his hand ( I couldn't see what it was as it was dark )  and he also had his water bottle between his thighs as his hands were full. "  Molly, I am multi-tasking. I am excercising my thighs and also my kegels at the same time ! "  Oh, he ws so funny. And then " D "  ( his alias , but his real name is Donald, or so her says )  said on the van ride to the flow flow viewing , " Don't you just hate it when your own booger lands on you ? "  He just  said it out of the blue and I'm thinking , did that just happen to him ?  No, I don't want to ask. EeeeWWWWW !!!!  I shook my head and laughed. Yes, that is the quality of some of the conversations here. I've had some very deep conversations already too.  I was telling " D " about my yogalates class yesterday . " She sounds like a Pilates Nazi "  he said. " Ummmm, you better not say that to her as she is German "  I advised him.  " OOOOOps, thanks for letting me know ! "

This morning's  yoga class at 8:30 was wonderful.. It was taught by Kathy , and she has taught yoga for 35 years. She was funny . We held most of the poses for 3 minutes each. Some of those 3 minutes were some of the longest 3 minutes of my Life. :(  She went over the chakras . " The chakras are not organs. You don' t cut someone open and step back and say, " Wow, see those chakras ! "  She was very funny . At the end of the class, we gave ourselves what she called a smack down. You smack yourself all over. It feels good, actually , same as yesterday's slap down , only this time, you do it to yourself ! So,  you smack you body all over ! :)  Lovingly, of course ! I fell off Lisa's back yesterday when I was doing partner yoga. It was very funny , and I was laughing so much that I could not get back on her back to finish the pose  . I was balancing on her back , and she was down on all fours.

So, my Life is getting a complete smack down , in every which way . It is gently raining right now .
Yesterday, I stood on New Earth . Today , is the first day, of the rest of my Life.........new beginnings.....

I am off to paint !

Namaste ......Aloha .....Carpe Diem ......
x0x0x0x0
Molly










1 comment:

  1. Enjoying the blog, Molly. I have always wanted to see lava flows at night....Everything sounds heavenly.

    maholo, anita

    ReplyDelete