Wednesday 6 June 2012

Once in a Lifetime viewing of Venus Transiting across the Sun

Aloha !

Yesterday, June, 5th  Venus transited across the Sun. It was a once in a Lifetime event as this will not happen again for another 108 years . I was in Hale Aloha when some guys from the maintenance crew drove up in their pickup trucks. Roy brought a welding helmet and we all looked through it to view Venus transiting across the Sun. The black dot was at 3 o'clock , on the 3 hand , when I saw it . It was cool . A small black dot in the sun , viewed through a welding helmet. I don;t think many people in this world viewed the transit of Venus across the Sun through a welding helmet. It was a smart move on behalf of Roy !

Here it is on u-tube as taken from Hawaii's Mauna Loa Observatory , on the Big Island of Hawaii , which is where Kalani is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpnFfYeYpbM

It was funny as Karl jokingly said that that he used a permanent marker and put a black dot on the welding helmet. He actually didn't do that, but he did think about doing that as a joke . Lets just say that there are a lot of "older " boys here . There are a lot of shenanigans here also.

Crandle and Arnold came by Hale Aloha too to get something to drink. It was perfect timing as a new volunteer was walking down to Hale Aloha, tripped and fell on the lava rock path.. She had a big gash on her leg, along with some serious road rash . Good thing Arnold knew first aid . He patched her up real good . She may still need to go to the hospital though as it looks like she might need some stitching together .

Today at breakfast , when Arnold was reading his horoscope , he asked me what being  ' withdrawn ' meant .  I told him that it was a behaviour  ,  meaning dis-engaging , not participating , not responding . Often when someone is withdrawn , they are sad , unhappy or depressed . It does not mean withdrawn as in taking out something . " Yes, like taking money from the Bank. Yes, withdrawing money from the Bank ! "  Crandle chimes in . " Yes, that is not what withdrawn means . This  ' withdrawn ' has nothing to do with taking money from the Bank !  "  I replied.  "  OOOohhhh " says Arnold. " I get it ! "  " So, don't be withdrawn , go paint the town red ! " I said . I had written about ' painting the town red ' in another previous blog.

I joined a writing club in Kalani yesterday . So far, there are only 3 of us , headed by Will . Will is an amazing yoga teacher and I found out too that he is also an amazing writer.  It was wonderful . We wrote and  we shared for almost 2 hours  . I hope our little club stays small and intimate . Right now, among the three of us, there is a huge circle of raw honest  beautiful trust .  We are so very comfortable with each other to write some painful stuff  and share it with each other.  I can see that as it get bigger and grow , it is unlikely that there will be such open hearted sharing .I can't wait until next week's meeting for our writing club .

I painted with a credit card last week ! More about that another time. It has been a really long day  and I am tired and sleepy right now. The last two days had been very draining on me due to a ' situation ' that I cannot write about as this blog is full public access afterall.  Suffice it to say that hopefully soon , this drama that has somewhat traumatized me in a way , will end soon . I am so very blessed to have so many new friends here in Kalani that are looking out for me and looking after me. I am so very blessed of all their love and support . Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all my friends in Kalani , especially to Beth , Calen , Jackie and Barcus.              Mahalo.

With much aloha ,
x0x0x0x0
Molly





No comments:

Post a Comment