Monday 11 June 2012

Blanket Folding 101/ Hawaiian Blessing

Aloha !

Sat, June, 9th , 2012

Its my day off today and this morning , I went to a 2 hour Restorative Yoga class . It truly was restorative.

We used a lot of props  . I had a yoga  mat , 4 blankets , 2 yoga blocks and a chair.  One blanket was placed on my yoga mat for extra cushioning. The other 3 blankets were folded to various shapes, rolls,  and thicknesses  to use as props for forward bends, backward bends , side twists , etc  , all in a sitting or lying down position.   I have never folded so many blankets in my Life in non-traditional folds in the span of 2 hours. Cathy, the Yoga teacher , just as I was thinking ' This is blanket folding 101  '  said exactly what I was thinking.

At the end of the yoga class, Cathy said , " Think of one person or one thing you are grateful for , and send them blessings . "  One name immediately came to my mind. This person was full of intense darkness . Even if you could not see her darkness, you could feel it all around her. This person has taught me a lot over the last month . Because of her, I understood where my boundaries are , how to stand up to a bully , and also to have compassion and love for her in spite of her continuous meanness from the first second I met her.  It is so very sad to see someone with so much anger and hate for everything around her. Because of her, I experienced such beautiful Love and Support from my friends here at Kalani.  I feel so incredibly loved and blessed.

And so now, when I make my bed in the morning , as I fold my bed blankets, I give THANKS , for a day without darkness. I give thanks for the beautiful sunlight that floods my room in the morning and wake me with the break of dawn. I give thanks that the moonlight can now shine into my room without being overshadowed by a darker presence.

I have progressed beyond Blanket Folding 101 . I have begun anew in my Life Journey in Housekeeping ,  The Darkness has been swept away , all cobwebs removed . My room will be blessed by Johnathan , Kumu Hula ,  this week.  I am honoured that he will come and clear my room of any possible residual negative energy left by previous  Life forms.  He will do a Hawaiian Chant , say blessings in Hawaiian , and will end with a Hawaiian Chant.  I look forward for my space to be blessed in the old tradition Hawaiian way...........My room has been saged , singing bowls have been played . In this beautiful sacred Land , my room will be blessed on Wed, June, 13th , 2012 , in the ancient customs of  Hawaii .

The past is behind me. Today is beautiful . The future holds wonders waiting to start .

With much aloha ,
x0x0x0x0
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment