Sunday 24 June 2012

My Friend Joel

Aloha !

This evening when I was in the line for dinner , Joel came up behind me and gave me a shoulder rub . " Ow ! " I winced . " OOOOo, Joel , I have a really bad sunburn on my shoulders and back ! "

" Oh , I should have seen " said Joel , as the dress was I wearing did expose my shoulders and my back , and my hair was put up. He took a closer look at me back. " OOooooOOOO "  he said. : That looks painful ! Owie !  "  I nodded with a pout. Poor guy, he felt so bad . I gave him a gentle hug and he was mindful not to touch my back .

During dinner, we talked about stuff. He asked me if I was going to Improv . Improv classes started recently at Kalani .  I told him that definitely was not my thing. I would freeze up. " Well, that's why there are classes ! " he said. " No thank you. "  " Well, you might like it ! Try it ! "   " No thank you ! "

While I was eating dessert , Joel said to me " I'll be right back ! Don't go anywhere ! " He was gone for  a while and I didn't think he would come back.  All of a sudden , I see him from the corner of my eye and he was standing behind me . I felt a cooling sensation on my shoulders and back. The sweetheart went to get aloe for me. He went to look for a wild aloe plant for me. He cut several leaves from an aloe plant ( they are huge here at Kalani ) and was gently putting aloe on my shoulders and back . It feels so much better. He also cut me some extra leaves  to use later .

I got the bad sunburn from weeding in my bathing suit and sarong yesterday , at the cleansing. I forgot to put sunscreen on .It was so painful I couldn't sleep on my back last night . It hurt sleeping on my side also as my the back of my shoulders were sunburned too. :(   Well at least, I didn't get sunburned on my first week at Kalani !  I am very tanned , a nice warm soft earthy brown . Now I really look Hawaiian .

Joel is one of the sweetest guys here at Kalani . He is so incredibly thoughtful and gives amazing hugs.  I am so blessed to have Joel in my Life.

With much aloha ,
x0x0x0x0x0
Molly







No comments:

Post a Comment