Tuesday 26 June 2012

Breakfast Conversations and Laughter

Aloha !

As always, breakfast conversations are full of much laughter. As I was getting my morning coffee , Sunshine came up to me and said, " How do you always look so purty , especially so early in the mornin' ?  "  I laughed . I wake up, wash my face , brush my teeth , put on sunscreen and a flower in my hair. Nothing special . I wear absolutely no make up . " My hair gets all tangled in the morning ! " Sunshine said as he runs a frenetic tangle motion with his hands over his completely bald head . We both laughed.

There was an article in the Hawaii Tribune Herald ( a local newspaper ) today about Big Island beef Boom and it referred to Parker Ranch . Here's the link to the daily paper and the article. Arno said that it was bad news for the Big Island. Soon , there will be no trees as it would be cut down to grow grass to feed the cows. " Ch " Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch "  Arno imitates a chainsaw slicing across trees . " Crandle shakes his head and said that would never happen , the Hawaiians won't allow it. " Well, we'll see in 50 or 60 years when there is not one tree left on the Big Island because of ranching grass fed cows ! " Arno replies.  What a sad thought .

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/

I hope to go horseback riding at Parker Ranch. Kumu loves to ride horses too. " Perhaps one day, we will go riding together, Molly,  " Kumu said to me. I would love that very much .

And as I sat down for breakfast directly across from Karl , I smiled at Karl and  Karl smiles back at me and said , " I always love a beautiful half asleep woman smiling at me in the morning ! "  I just shook my head and laugh . " Even if she is sitting across from me at the breakfast table ! "  he adds , smiling and raising his bushy eyebrows like Groucho Marx.  He really made me laugh as he can move them eyebrows very rapidly and in all kinds of contortions.  Oh, the innuendos that go around. Karl is an attractive man and he doesn't look like Groucho Marx , but he does have thick eyebrows.

Bud , an older man, was sitting across from me too. He reminds me of Willie Nelson , minus the long  white hair and the long beard , with old tattoos everywhere on his body. Bud's hair is fuzzy white buzz cut.  In his raspy voice, he peers at me over his glasses , " Are you Hawaiian, Molly ? " I love his voice. Its hard to describe Bud's voice.   I shook my head. " I bet you you're Hawaiian and just won't confess ! I know you're Hawaiian !  I've lived on this Island for 17 years . I know you are an Island Girl ! "  I get that all the time.

Oh, yesterday morning , Gary left for Las Vegas for the World Poker Championship. He is apparently a really good poker player  and he is going there to play . I mean, he's really really good . He apparently has won some big bucks . He was sitting beside me at breakfast yesterday and I wished him luck with Lady Luck. I told him that when I first saw him , I said to one of the volunteers , " Gary has a poker face. you can't read him. I bet he's really good at poker , if he plays. "  Gary laughed when I told him this. Funny enough, he did a rap video that will soon be on Kalani's website. It would be really funny, I'm sure , to see and hear Gary rap and dance, with his poker face !  He really has a dead pan face ! " Should we be getting your autograph now before your head swells up from all your winnings ? " one of the guys said to Gary yesterday morning. Another one starts rubbing his elbow on Gary. " Hey, guys, I'm rubbing elbows with a famous poker player ! "

D ( his name is Donald and he goes by D )  was heading down to the lower Lanai and he said to Crandle , " I'm going down . "  Crandle yells out " Who are you going down on ? "  Yep . Typical male.

Arno, as usual, was reading his horoscope .  Julia read his horoscope out loud and said to Arno,  " Arno, you are suppose to flirt, as you do it so well. Tonight will be your night !  That's what your horoscope says ! "  Arno looks across from me at the breakfast table and said , "  Molly ! "  He smiles at me and winks at me , winking like he's got something in his eye and he had me laughing . " Are you flirting with me , Arno ? " I said through my laughter. He's so funny . " Am I doing good ? "  He asked . He's too sweet . " You're a natural ! "  I replied, still laughing.

I have a hectic day ahead . Kumu is coming to work with me to fine tune three kahikos that I will be performing this weekend at Kona. I will be meeting her on my lunch break as I will be working at Hale Aloha all day . Yesterday,.I scooped 100 ice cream cups of ice cream, which, I believe is an all time record for scooping ice cream !

Hale Aloha.  Hale means house/ home . Aloha means Love. Venetia said to me one day, " Molly, we work in the House of Love ! "

Yes, Hale Aloha , House of Love !

With much aloha ,
x0x0x0x0x0
Molly







No comments:

Post a Comment