Friday 13 July 2012

Seeing Green Instead Of Black

Aloha !

Well, its the day after and my knee is completely o.k. Last night, I couldn't even roll over in bed as my left knee was hurting so bad. I couldn't even straighten out my left leg fully. This morning, when I woke up , I was flexing my legs in bed and it was as if nothing happened the day before. I am walking / running around as if nothing happened. My knee is not swollen, as was expected. I was in no pain this morning. Yesterday , I could barely walk , today I am my normal self. My body is amazingly resilient though. I have always been extremely resilient , in many ways. I give thanks to God for this. Karen, who is a nurse , said that it was a miracle. She saw how much pain I was in yesterday. I almost took  her up on her offer of tylenol with codeine.  I rarely take drugs. The ibuprofen that I took yesterday was the first drug I have taken in a very long time.  I give thanks to Pele for keeping me safe when I was on her Land.  The lava trek was with the worse guide I have ever experienced in my Life. Yes, he may have known the terrain , but he did not know the Land .  There is a big difference. He did not know the sacredness of the Land . He did not honour the Land. He did not give respect to the Land. It was all about the money. There was no love of the Land involved , no apparent love for the Hawaiian culture and customs , no asking Pele for permission to walk on her Land.  If any of you take tours, make sure you take tours done by a Hawaiian. You will learn so much more and be given so much aloha . For the Hawaiians , its not about the money. They are happy to share their history , culture, customs, dances and stories with you. To truly experience Hawaii , you have to be with Hawaiians. Period.

We were advised that Kalani had a hurricane warning but this has since been downgraded to a storm . There is a hurricane warning for this weekend however. It may blow over us. Today, when I was working at Hale Aloha ( The House of Love :)  )  I could hear the ocean waves crashing against the cliff . It was louder than usual. I went  to the Point and stayed for a while , watching the ocean surf.  It was magnificent ! The waves were high and powerful , crashing into the cliff sides and dissolving into a thick frothy white marshmallowy foam . So far, we had  heavy rain and the storm may have passed over us .  Now we wait and see if the hurricane too will pass over us. 


Yay !  I'm not working this weekend . I will be going into Hilo tomorrow ( Sat ) so that I can get some cash from a Bank machine. I may go holoholo with Johnathan on Sunday. The trip to Maunakea that was planned for this Sunday unfortunately has been postponed and hopefully it will happen before I leave Hawaiii. 


I marvel at all the lushness surrounding me. The Aina is blanketed in green at Kalani. It is such a stark contrast to the miles and miles of black lava rock that I saw yesterday. The miles and miles of black that showed Pele's power .  


And with the green come new Life...............blossoming still.  I am full of gratitude to experience  the many beautiful vast and varied landscapes that is the Big Island of Hawaii . The night jasmine is scenting my air space right now........I am surrounded by Beauty.........


With much Aloha, 
x0x0x0x0
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment