Sunday 29 July 2012

Pu ' ukohola Heiau and Mauna Kea Beach

July, 20th, 2012

Aloha !

Yes, I am going backwards in time . The last blog was dated July, 22nd , and this one is July, 20th . I've been really busy and haven't had time to update my blog posts.

Today, ( meaning July, 20th )  I went on a staff trip and we all went to Pu'ukohala Heiau and also Mauna Kea Beach  , on Kona side. It is about a 3 hour drive from Kalani.

The first stop was Pu'ukohala Heiau.  Heiau means temple. Here is the website for more info.

http://www.nps.gov/puhe/historyculture/index.htm

As soon as I stepped foot onto the temple grounds , I felt a great sense of familiarity. Tears started welling up in my eyes.  I felt as if I had come ' Home "  after a very very long absence . Perhaps a  200 year absence. It was the strangest feeling and yet so familiar. With each step I took along the temple grounds , I felt a grounding and a sense of strong connection and belonging to the Land. " This was your home, Molly ! " Beth whispered into my ears. I do not really believe in past lives  but I am open to the idea. If there is such a thing as past lives, I have lived in this temple grounds before .Wild, huh ?

The connection , the sense of deep belonging , the feeling of " home " was incredibly strong.  Yes, once upon a time , very long ago , this place was my HOME .  The other volunteers that were on the trip  felt something too when they saw me on the temple grounds. They felt my rooted connection to the Land with each step I took. They were silent and looked at me with reverence, as if I was a priestess . It was strange and yet so very right .

The next stop was Mauna Kea Beach.  We spent the whole afternoon there. Wow , was it ever nice ! Mauna Kea Beach Hotel was very posh , and the Golf Course attached to it was spectacular . The beach had a part that was public access and a side that was hotel guests only.  We had such a great time there.

http://www.princeresortshawaii.com/mauna-kea-beach-hotel/index.php

I will be performing in a private Luau on Aug, 18th to celebrate Volcanoes National Park Observatory ' 100th Anniversary .  There will be 150 guests, by invitation only , and we will be dancing to a live band. I think it will be a lot of fun.

The next staff trip will be to Volcanoes National Park  This will be my third time that I will be going there. Pele is drawing me closer. and connecting me deeper to the Land. I will be back there again in mid- Sept to perform Hula on the Volcano. That will be an amazing experience for sure.

With much aloha,
x0x0x0x0x0
Molly




No comments:

Post a Comment