Thursday 20 September 2012

My Hawaiian Name : Kehaulani

Wednesday, Sept, 19th, 2012

Aloha !

Tonight was magical. My Hula Halau  met at Uncle Roberts to send me off Hawaiian style  and to say their goodbyes .  Uncle Roberts Awa Bar is a well loved local hangout . On Wednesdays, there is a farmers market and crafts being sold.  There is always a wonderful live band playing too. It is the happening place !

We had fun . We met, we talked , we wandered to see the different crafts and jewelry being sold,  we drank, we ate  and listened to a great live band .It was such a happy  relaxing time. Kumu gave me a present . It was what was hand written , in her own handwriting that brought me to tears.

On a small piece of paper , Kumu wrote :
"    Molly

Kehaulani :

The dew of Heaven
A cool breeze from Heaven
You are like the cool dew of the Heavens, which no one  gets( has ) enough of ...... "

Kumu has given me my Hawaiian name. This is such a great honour for me , such a wonderful special gift.

Max gave me a massage at Uncle Roberts . Mahiehie hennaed my left hand. She did such beautiful intricate work with henna on my hand. Ariya made me another book, this time, prints of Hawaiian plants. Kumu gave me a beautiful wooden hair pin , some Hawaiian teas and two beautiful cards of photos of some of the dancers.

The Band was playing "  White Sandy Beach of Hawai'i.." and I thought of someone I loved very much . It was his favourite Hawaiian song.  My mind wandered off for a while listening to that song.

" I saw you in my dreams, we were walking hand in hand , on a white sandy beach , of Hawai'i......"

Then the band started playing Holei .

I,  Kumu, Mahiehie, Ulu , Kau'ilani and Jonathan  got up to the front ' stage ' and danced Holei for all the people at Uncle Roberts'  with the live band playing for us. I could see all the stars shimmering above in the dark night sky .  It was truly incredibly magical for me. I was so very happy when I was dancing Holei  I love that song............

Most special of all was Kumu gave me my Hawaiian name. Kumu told me that the Gods told her what to name me.

My Hawaiian name is Kehaulani.......

This is the meaning of Kehau . Lani means Heavens .

Kehau  :


Origin: Hawaiian
Sex: Female
Unisex Name? No
Meaning: Dew.
Soul Urge: People with the name Kehau have a deep inner desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing money, knowledge and experience, or creative and artistic ability.
Expression: People with the name Kehau tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.


With much Aloha,
x0x0x0x0x0
Kehaulani















No comments:

Post a Comment